Simple soups are truly wonderful, really, and I know I said that Christmas was over in our house, but gingerbread houses are just what's required when you need a pick-me-up after the first day back at work and school!
|Gingerbread house - before...|
We passed a happy half hour constructing it and proved that:
- It's always worth entering blog giveaways!
- Aldi gingerbread houses travel through the post very well. The only thing to suffer was a sugar child's head and we managed to perform lifesaving surgery with a bit of icing.
- Maybe we need an icing bag, although at least our snow looks as if it is suitably melting into the New Year.
- Sugar decoration letters, with which we were going to write New Year messages on the roof, cannot be kept two years after their sell by date; I'd never seen a weevil before but I think I have now!
- Gingerbread still tastes nice in January; this is my favourite kind of soft gingerbread. In fact this is the best gingerbread house we've ever sampled; it beats an IKEA one we had a few years ago, that didn't want to stick together (although maybe that's hardly surprising given the reputation of some of their flat pack furniture...)
- And lastly, it takes no time at all for three hungry boys to deconstruct a gingerbread house:
|Gingerbread house - after....|