What was new for August?
- The first excitement was a wasp sting double whammy! Son and Husband walked through some long grass and got stung at the same time. Sometimes wearing shorts is not such a good idea. Guess which one of them screamed the loudest, made the biggest fuss and has the most swollen leg?
- Cattle cooling off in the river! So the kids had to find a new paddling place further up stream.
|New paddling spot!|
- The Chinese Lanterns are growing again. I wonder when they'll change colour?
|Chinese Lanterns, 2 January 2013|
- There are lots of thistles flowering, which are very popular with the bumble bees. Their legs were coated in pollen.
- And the view up the Bybrook Valley? Completely lush, leafy and green, and where has the cottage at the bottom of the valley gone? So different to the winter and the long wintry spring!
|View up the Bybrook Valley, 11 August 2013.|
|The view up the Bybrook Valley|
looked like this for the first four months of 2013!