- Why is it so difficult to burn exactly a day's worth of the Advent candle at a time? We either get a few days behind or leave it alight too long...
- I had been feeling a little frugal smugness that I purchased Christmas cards in the January sales, and managed not to lose them in the intervening months; but both children ploughed through my collection of half price but tasteful cards, writing them for all their classmates...Note to self: pursue same strategy of buying cards in January but buy a lorry load.
- Son has gone crazy for making little Christmas gift boxes out of old Christmas cards. We learnt to make these sweet no-glue boxes at a Christmas zero waste stall. They're really simple to make but Son can remember how to make them much better than I can! For a really good tutorial click here.
- This year we've been enjoying lots of traditional carols at the various Christmas concerts we've been to, but it's always refreshing to discover a carol that you haven't heard before.
- We've found a solution to our Christmas dinner dilemma. Having rehomed four hens from the British Hen Welfare Trust, we were concerned about what we would put on our plates this Christmas.
I was all for a vegetarian alternative, but this met with protestation from some family members. As a compromise we've found a small free range Turkey from Lidl that falls within our budget.
How's your Christmas coming along?